Saturday 28 February 2009

STANDISH HALL TRAIL RACE 10K


I always find racing in the winter hard work, but as we near spring I can see that I have turned a corner in the fitness stakes! A few more weeks should have me firing on all cylinders, The Trimpel 20 mile race in a couple of weeks should give a better indication of my form.
Todays race offered a tough challenge with its pot holed lanes, steep sharp climbs and muddy tracks, I managed a 10 second improvement on the race here in Oct, but got pushed down the rankings due to a record race entry.
Full GRAND PRIX report to follow.
click graph to enlarge
RESULTS

Sunday 1st March
Set out with the intension of running 7.20 pace for an hour, but things turned out very different !
Bought a new pair of NIKE RED ROCK TRAIL SHOES for the bargain price of £35 from SPORTS DIRECT.COM.
WOW these are great shoes whether on the road or trail, maybe it was the new shoes but my legs felt great after yesterdays hard race, quickly my pace picked up until
i was flying back along the coast road at over marathon pace, the result was 8.23 miles at 6.40 pace , 9 mph = 55.08
I then met up with Jon and Chris who has just returned from France looking lean and mean, we headed off on the sandhill 6, after 3 miles Chris took the lead and upped the pace [ I have never seen Chris run so fast before] we left Jon behind as Chris made light work of the many sand dunes, finishing in 49.16, despite getting left behind Jon still managed a new years p.b. of 54 mins.

No comments: