Wednesday 18 August 2010

TWO HOUR MARIUS BAKKEN PROGRESSION RUN IN THE HILLS, MAN THAT WAS GOOD!


Marius Bakken Progression run

40 mins L1-40mins L2- 40 mins L3
Location Parbold

I got a few hours sleep after my night shift but was awoken to the sound of very heavy rain pounding against the windows, oh No!
Thankfully by the time i got up the clouds were breaking and I ended up running in the sun :]
I did the session round Parbold which inc 5 big hills, the first 40 mins were at level one, 95-115 bpm for me, based on a max of 160 bpm, then followed 40 mins at level two 116-128bpm.
I was feeling good and had to hold myself back, just as I got to the bottom of the feared Hunters Hill Climb [ the very climb I cracked on at the end of my Sat 3 hour run] it was time to up the pace again, trying to push harder than marathon effort, up the hill I powered going over the top pushing past level 3.
I was now on a roller coaster road loop that included Harrock Hill, i pushed really hard and was pleased the way I felt, I kept it going until I reached the two hour mark.
job done, Nice One :]
Total time 2 hours 13 mins, 2400ft of climbing
MEGA PLEASED TO COME BACK FEELING STRONG AFTER SATURDAY'S RUN :]

No comments: