Friday 6 March 2009

FASTEST RUNNING SHOE EVER! SPIRA ROAD TEST REPORT SOON, THE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH!


IS THE SPIRA REALLY GOING TO MAKE YOU FASTER, AND ABSORB MORE SHOCK THAN ANY OTHER SHOE IN THE HISTORY OF RUNNING! I will be doing a full road test report next week, using a Garmin and heart rate monitor I WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF THE TRUTH! WATCH THIS SPACE! TRAINING FOR THE WEEK
Mon 2nd
Ran to college and as part of our assignment did a cardio session on the treadmill, was asked to warm up for 5 mins then run at 80% of max heart rate for 15 mins, while fellow student Tony monitored my heart rate and perceived exertion rate on the Borg scale, After a few minutes i was holding 10.5 mph on the treadmill with a H.R. of 138 bpm, after a couple more minutes my heart rate dropped to 135 bpm as my body adjusted to the effort!
Every one seemed impressed by my fitness including my instructor , by comparison a young 18 year old lad less than half my age who practices martial arts and does regular weight training could only maintain 6 mph!
Ran to college and back plus treadmill session.
5 min warm up , 15 mins at 80% max h.r. [ 10.5 mph] 5 mins warm down, total = 45 mins
Tue3rd
WILD AND WINDY NIGHT
Ran 7 miles steady then joined in the club fartleck session, felt a bit tired running down but found I was flying once the session got under way! Ran back with Paul and Rob then looped back into the wind, the last 1 1/2 miles I had the strong wind on my back and wow! even after more than 2 hours running I was motoring along at 10-11 mph, 'TAILWIND HEAVEN'!
19 miles , 2 hours 26 mins

Wed 4th
Easy run in sandhills with mad dog = 1.20
Thur 5th
Long slow run with Paul, run round southport inc sandhills = 20 miles, 2 hours 41 mins
STANDISH TRAIL RACE REPORT NOW ONLINE

No comments: