Thursday 21 August 2008

PLAN WHAT PLAN !


ANGLESEY MARATHON 2008

My next race is the ANGLESEY MARATHON on the 21st of Sept, which team mate Rob Ashworth won last year!
I now have the tricky task of recovering from summer racing burnout and at the same time getting in shape for the marathon in only one months time!
My plan if you can call it a plan is to follow Arthur Lydiards advise when dealing with staleness , ie cut out intense interval training and just do steady runs with some leg speed sessions.
I don't expect to run my best ever marathon but hopefully I can get to the start line feeling fresh!
HAVE I BITTEN OFF MORE THAN I CAN CHEW ?
Is this going to be a spectacularly disaster or an amazing triumph over adversity!
Sat 23rd
ARTHUR LYDIARD TIME TRIAL, 14 miles at 6.31 pace
I have never tried this type of session before and was not sure I would be able to run at marathon pace in training, as it happened it went very well, running a two lap course I averaged 6.31 pace, reaching 14 miles in 1.31
QUITE PLEASED THE WAY THINGS WENT AND CAN UNDERSTAND HOW THIS TYPE OF SESSION WILL HELP ME IMPROVE!
14 MILES IN 1.31 + 35 MINS EASY RUNNING

Thurs 21st
ROB's club session with Tracey, Paul and Rob, 2 x 5k round the marine lake at marathon pace 9.3 mph av, felt quite hard running into a strong head wind for the last 2 miles of each loop but pretty much ran within my self holding back a little. =1.10
+ 17 min run with my wife niz
Wed20th
Steady run on the roads of parbold and harrock hill, feeling a bit on the tired side after two days of feeling really good! = 1.43
Tue 19th
enjoyable steady run over the sandhills = 1.02

No comments: