Tuesday 22 March 2011

Running With Confidence And Half Marathon Wins!

VCA 2010 RACE RUN from changoman on Vimeo.


First, I was delighted to hear that team mate Ben Johnson just went and won his first half marathon
Read More
Tess and me took Ben on a few long runs early this winter over the big sandhills and through the pinewoods, so it looks like the RicksRunning magic has done the trick for Ben... haha :]
More on half marathons;
Well this week I'm running the Liverpool half marathon, no outright victory planned for me, but I'm going to be pushing it to the limit in search of a new P.B. 1.16 sound nice, don't ya think!!!
Not sure why but I keep hearing 1.16 coming into my head when I think about running at Liverpool, so I've got to go for it!
The Marius Bakken plan this week has only one hard session [ which I did last night] with only easy running until Sundays race, this time last year I added an extra speed session being worried that it was not enough training, but this year I have far more confidence in Marius and will stick to the plan.
I want to be fresh to party on the roads of Liverpool!
Mon
Club session
Hard efforts from 400m up to 800m, ran down and back and included some extra min efforts at sub 10K pace and finished with 6 special strides, getting faster on each one.
Finished feeling really strong.
Total time 2 hours 2 mins

If your into bikes and cycle racing check out the latest podcast from; Velo Club Don LoganAWESOME!
Download the MP3

5 comments:

Thomas said...

Good luck at the half, even if you're not planning on winning outright (hey, why not?).

Grellan said...

Best of luck in Liverpool Rick. 1:16 won't be far off the top.

Anonymous said...

good luck in liverpool and hoping it's less windy than last year.

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Thanks guys :]

Samurai Running said...

That 1:16:00 would be very welcome Rick! I'd really like to see it!!

Still

Anything close should give you a tonne of confidence for London.