Monday 17 May 2010

KIND OF RUNNING FAST!


Today's session was a 5K tempo [ 1/2 M.P.] run and 10 x 1 min at 10k pace.
Legs still a bit heavy, but I manged 1/2 marathon pace o.k. finishing with 6.01 pace for my Hillside 5K loop.
After a short recovery I moved to Oxford Rd and ran 10 x one min efforts up the hill, first couple of efforts seemed hard, then I remembered a mental trick.
Looking up the road to a lamp post I imagined being pulled in by a gigantic elastic band, it really worked and I hurtled forward with a new speed!
I then finished with 6 x 20 sec Smart Strides, JOB DONE :]
5K at 6.01 pace, 3.12 miles = 18.45
10 x 1 min uphill
1/ 5.58 pace, 2/ 5.42 3/ 5.47 4/ 5.37 5/ 5.32 6/5.29 7/ 5.32 8/ ? 9/ 5.31 10/ 5.23
6 x S/S, Total time 1.07
Good running form tips; lean into the hill from your ankles, pull body up tall, keep hips tall, keep looking ahead and not down, feet straight ahead.
Let momentum pull you over your grounded foot, then let the stretch reflex mechanism in the hip flexors pull your knee forward automatically.
Marius says It is crucial to respect the first 2-3 weeks after a marathon. In that period the elastic elements of your muscular system is still down after the marathon effort. Preferably, you want to wait at least 4 weeks to race thereafter - and then at the most a 5-10k race. A half marathon should wait 6-7 weeks out.
Oops, maybe my 15k trail race [ after one weeks rec] and last weeks 4 mile hill race was not such a good idea!

The Verve - Love Is Noise Click Here

FOLLOW JOHNNY STICKY BUDDEN,S 1000 Mile Free Running challenge

2 comments:

Scott McMurtrey said...

Nice tempo run. :)

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Yeah I was pleased with that workout.