Thursday 17 July 2008

THE LIZARD'S NATIONAL SPEED WEEK


CHEDDAR GORGE DOWNHILL GRAVITY RUN
WORLD RECORD MILE
DOWNHILL MILE RACE




Sun 20th

Easy run with big jon through the pinewoods= 1.06
Sat 19th

I set off on a long run, feeling a bit tired so kept the pace steady, I went over some of the biggest sandhills Southport has to offer,the hills are short sharp and steep and if that is not enough then the soft sand is there to make you work even harder! After an hour I reached the pinewoods which gave me some welcoming relief from the gusting wind.I headed back onto the sand dunes on my return trip, keeping away from the Royal Birkdale golf course as some of the paths are blocked because of the Open golf championships.i reached the tarmac
after 2 hours 10 mins, picking the pace up on the road I started to feel quite strong reaching 9 then 10 mph at the end. = 2.35 mins
GIANT STEPS ARE WHAT I TAKE, RU
NNING ON THE MOON

THUR 17TH
Put my Lunar Nike trainers through their paces running 3 x 1 mile with rob and Tracey in Vic park and the shoes came out of the test with flying colours, they are awesome, the best shoes I've ever had! They make you feel like you are running in bare feet but with loads of cushioning. The lunar's are a hugh evolution step up, go check them out at your local running store but make sure you take plenty of cash with you, you won't want to leave with out a pair once you've tried them on, for sure!
3 x 1 mile 5.31 5.31 5.36 - 48 mins
+ run with Niz = 18.20
WED 16TH
Run round parbold and harrock hill inc 4 climbs = 1.36
TUE 15th
easy run over the sandhills = 38 mins

MOUNTAIN BIKE DOWNHILL, AWESOME!

No comments: