Sunday 4 November 2007

through the villages 8.5 mile race


had a fantastic run today, with 900ft of climbing over 5 hills this is a tough little road race, i felt strong and smooth through most of the race and was amazed to average 5.57 pace [10.1mph].
there was a high class field of hill runners out today so i was very happy with my 19th place.
our ladies team did fantastic and won the ladies team.
this arthur lydiard training is working so well,and am still only 2 months into his base training.
thank you arthur lydiard for saving my running career.
I RAN THIS RACE SOME TEN YEARS AGO,AND REMEMBER SPRINTING IN NECK TO NECK WITH SOME GUY,I GOT TALKING TO HIM FOR SOME TIME AFTER THE RACE,LATER MY FRIEND SAID DO YOU KNOW WHO YOU WERE TALKING TO? I SAID NO, MY FRIEND SAID THAT WAS RON HILL ! AND I WENT WOW!
8.5 MILES =50.40

LINK TO MY RACE



















click on document to enlarge

No comments: