Thursday 7 October 2010

World Record 10K Race Footage and Interview


Check out the amazing running form of Leonard Komon as he breaks the Road 10K WR

Leonard Komon sets WR 10k: 26'44" at Singelloop Utrecht from Losse Veter on Vimeo.

After race interview with Leonard Komon

Post Marathon recovery, feeling a little FLAT!
Yesterday was the first time I started to feel good again, I even had to hold myself back.
I really hate that feeling of tiredness,fatigue and post marathon depression you get after a hard race, thankfully I'm starting to come out of the other side and see the light again.

I've been doing the TRIGGER POINT PERFORMANCE WORKOUTS every day and feel much better for it!
Mon 10x 45 sec at 1/2 marathon pace with 15 sec recovery total time 30 mins
Tue Easy run with Tess = 40 mins
Wed Easy-steady run at 6.59 pace and 6 x Smart strides = 30 mins



8 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Yeah Rick I can relate to the post marathon blues. Hope you can get back into the swing asap.

Thanks for the vid. You know usually when I watch these type of videos I think they, the runners, don't look like they are running so fast and think I could do that but this guy was flying, really even on the video it looked like a amazingly fast pace that must have hurt to sustain!

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Thanks Scott.
your right the guy is 'SHIFTING' for sure!

Ewen said...

Glad you're coming good Rick. That was one tough marathon to recover from.

Amazing race from Komon. It'd be a hard task for the organisers to round up pacemakers that could go through the half in 13:20. Beautiful to watch. 64 sec 400m pace! I only broke 64 for 400 a couple of times and that was 20 years ago and sprinting all the way!

RICK'S RUNNING said...

komen looks so smooth, Ewen your faster than me' my best is 65 sec for 400m

Samurai Running said...

For some fun you should look at that time in Mcmillian's pace calculator and have a look at what the recommendations for an "easy" training run is ;)

I have watched this race over and over again it is really a motivator! I really love to watch someone who is so good at their job!

Samurai Running said...

Yes, Ewen was fast wasn't he Rick.

He sort of reminds me of my old VW "Beatle" ....

Not much to look at but it ran fucking well!!!

Ewen said...

Thanks Scott. I was something to look at 20 years ago, or so all my ex-girlfriends say ;)

Rick, I'd like to think I could have broken 60 back then (it's easy when you're young), but probably only raced half a dozen 400s - I hated them! When I ran 62.1 (on a grass track) I finished about .5 behind a bloke who'd run 2:27 for a marathon. Not sure what that means - maybe he wasn't much of a sprinter either!

RICK'S RUNNING said...

The 400m is a tough event, like hitting a brick wall and drowning at the same time!