The exercises Mike does ;
- Balancing on one leg (increases activity of muscles in foot).
- Heel and toe touches (back and forth) on a rocker board with the board aligned 45 degrees (both ways) relative to straight ahead.
For hip stability:
- Clamshells to strengthen the gluteals.
- Standing hip hike.
- Single leg dead lift.
- squats on the rocker board
For tissue mobility:
- Kneeling hip flexor stretch.
- Hamstring stretch on back in doorway.
- Rolling golfball under plantar fascia.
- Calf stretch with towel under big toe.
For running form (practiced during running):
- Work on increasing cadence to 90 rpm.
- Think about dropping chest forward to put even weight over the forefoot and rearfoot.