Sunday 10 October 2010

Sammy Wanjiru Number one again!

Wanjiru-Kebede.JPG
Sammy Wanjiru, Tsegaye Kebede, B of A Chicago Marathon press conference,
In a battle literally down to the last 1,000 meters, Sammy Wanjiru showed why he is the top marathoner in the world. After having dropped out of London in April 2010, and an Italian 11k road race this past summer, there were doubters. READ MORE

'RICK' says; Great race, I entered the MARATHON TALK competition putting Wanjiru to finish first in 2.6.02, not far off the real result!
Wanjiru is an awesome runner and it's good to see him back on top after his troubles of the past

Track and Field Videos on Flotrack


Track and Field Videos on Flotrack




8 comments:

Samurai Running said...

"What balls this guys got!" Love this from the comentator.

Thanks for posting this Rick. I was up out of my seat for this one screaming for Sammy to do exactly what he did. (Not too often people do what I say ;)Very happy with the result.

Who'd of thought a marathon could be so exciting! These runners, of late, are really starting to take the sport in a new/positive direction.

How could you be anything but inspired by it all!

RICK'S RUNNING said...

I agree %100 with you Scott, great to see a real race and not a world record attempt!

Anonymous said...

I lost tons of weight by using a product called Phentermine, it's very safe to use and I had ordered it from www.medsheaven.com I recommend this for anyone who wants to lose weight very fast, quickly and easily, best product I've ever tried, it works very well.

Ewen said...

Fantastic finish. I thought Wanjiru was gone for all money. I won't be betting against him in the London Olympics!

Thomas said...

I was totally transfixed watching the live feed. This must rank as one of the best marathon finishes, ever. The two guys were fighting an epic battle.

Jason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason said...

I photographed this race and the finish was truly amazing! I was right next to Sammy when he finished taking his picture and to see what he went through to win the race was inspiring. I'm going to start seriously training myself, to run a marathon some day. If you want to see some of my photos you can see those at http://studiofinch.com/blog/?p=185

Scott McMurtrey said...

What a fantastic finish!

Memories of the women's Chicago finish a few years ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulua1gT_WMc
(which might be the greatest finish I've ever seen)