Sunday 10 June 2012

Running Fast In The Groove!


Sat
I met up with Paul for a fast run over the big sand dunes.
The weather was a bit grim with a strong headwind on the way out!
I set the pace and quickly got into a groove which Paul said he found hard to match.
At last I seem to have got my power back, which kind of made each sand dune a blast!
With the wind on our backs for the final section I found it hard to resist opening up the guns and letting rip.
My legs did not disappoint, delivering some quite impressive speed, even if I say it myself!
Sorry if I made you suffer Paul, I was just on one of those good days where everything seems kind of easy!
=1.28
Fri
20 x 20 sec hill efforts Rubbish 5K course.
Thur
Rest
Wed
Afternoon
easy run with Tess over the Velvet Trail =43 mins
Evening
Robs session from Dunes Leisure Centre
Tough session, maybe I was still feeling the effects of Mondays hill session!
3 x 3 mins-2 mins rec
3 x 2 mins-2 mins rec
5 x 1 min-1 min rec
= 1.14
Tue
Big sand dunes easy = 1.22

Video: Hill Running Techniques

 

Video: Drills For Trail Running

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to see you flying again..

RICK'S RUNNING said...

thanks Marty :0]
It feels good and been a long time since I felt this awesome!
Cheers

Ewen said...

You're going well Rick - pretty much back to your form prior to the good London Marathon. Have you got any big events coming up?

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Hi Ewen, Not quite at my best but improving week by week.
I've got a half marathon next week, its on a rolling course where I've run about 1.21 before!