Thursday 22 April 2010

THE IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING! VIRGIN LONDON MARATHON 2010


Here I am, standing on the very edge of a ginormous cliff, waiting to jump off!
Like a little bird about to take it's maiden flight, will I go soaring into the clouds or tumble down into the rocks and disappear into the crashing waves!
Yes it's Marathon time again! It only seems like yesterday when on a freezing dark winters day I was looking through Marius Bakken's training plan, thinking jeez can I really do all this training and come out the other side?
The answer is yes! I'm fitter, stronger and maybe even a little wiser.

I'm ready, you bet I'm ready!
I changed my diet and lost 10 pounds.
I changed my running mechanics, so I can take advantage of the 'muscle stretch reflex ' principle.
I've changed my breathing pattern so my body will absorb more oxygen into the working muscles.
I changed my shoes to ones that will give me maximum return of energy.
I've worked on mind training and positive thought!
So here I am now, on the very edge of the cliff, ready to jump! From here on in, the time for words is over, the time for action is now, it's time for guts and determination and a belief that the impossible is just a restriction on my perception of the possible!
IT'S TIME TO FLY!
See you on the other side:]
THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENTS AND SUPPORT, IT MEANS A LOT TO ME, CHEERS :]

15 comments:

Thomas said...

All the best. What could possibly go wrong!

Scott McMurtrey said...

May your feet be light and the wind at your back.

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Cheers guys :]

Anonymous said...

Rick,
I wish you the very best of luck on Sunday - looks like being a warm one! I have really enjoyed following your blog and have found the information posted to not only be of great interest but valuable too.
Thanks ....
.... and have a good one
Phil

by7 said...

you training has been amazingly good...
You will really "kill" your PB !!

by the way, how did you lose 10 pounds ??

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Thanks Phil.
By7 Thanks, to your question;
I stopped eating bread, cut down on sugary energy drinks eat more fruit and veg!

Ewen said...

I can't wait Rick! You've had a perfect preparation of body and mind, so there's nothing stopping you from running that 2:44:59. My only advice is to make sure the elastic in your shorts is tight enough if you've lost 10 lbs!

Michael said...

Good luck, I look forward to reading all about it.

Samurai Running said...

You're an a rarity Rick. While you are a little "bonkers" like most Englishmen you also have the enthusiasm of a Texas car salesman and the stoicism of a Buddhist Monk! Not a bad distance runner either.

Thanks for inspiring us all!

Go for it!

bricey said...

best of luck.... the hard work is done so all that's left is to enjoy the ride!!

Anonymous said...

You have prepared yourself brilliantly. Good luck.

Westley said...

Best of luck tomorrow Rick. You have the belief, which is half the battle!

Unknown said...

http://www.gamesiteuk.x10hosting.com/london-marathon

Unknown said...

http://www.gamesiteuk.x10hosting.com/london-marathon/news/London-Marathon.html

Grellan said...

Bang on your negative split target at the half way mark. Still a very impressive time. I suspect the warm weather took it's toll during the 2nd half. Looking foward to the gory details.