Saturday 7 July 2012

Kick Assed My Training Run!


Yeah, had an awesome run over the big sand dunes today averaging my highest average speed of the year!
After a bad start to the week-I had to bail out of the Mondays track session after only 3 efforts as I ran out of energy!
I blame not getting enough carbs into my system as the problem!
Working overnight Sunday I found the shop closed due to re-fitting and missed out on some food and energy drinks I normally consume.
I increased my carb intake on Tuesday and Wednesday and came fighting back for Rob's session down at Dunes leisure Centre.
We did 6 x 1 K in Vic park.
Some of the really fast guys were running.
Harry a 47 sec 400M runner, Matt a very good X/C runner and Dave a 34 Min 10K guy!
I Stayed with them for about 100M before they shot off , but focused on trying not to let the gap get too big!
Rob came up to me and pushed me hard for the first 3 efforts until his niggling calf muscle gave way 'PING'!
Hope you recover soon mate!
Well my best K was at 5.11 pace but I guess the average was around 5.30!
I guess that will do for now, but I know I can do so much better!
Working hard to get back into top gear!!!
Progress-onwards and upwards :0]
P.S.
MAXIMUM RESPECT To BRADLEY WIGGINS

Things To watch on TV This Week

Billy Connolly's Route 66

http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=288663

5 comments:

Ewen said...

You mean maximum respect to Cadel Evans ;)

Good point about the carbs Rick - know if I'm down on those prior to a run I tend to struggle.

That Billy Connolly series is playing on tele down here - great viewing!

Samurai Running said...

You're as temperamental as an old lawn mower I used to own! If the oil gas mixture wasn't just right the old 2 stroke engine wouldn't work properly!

Keep it going Rick, soon or later you'll break through for good!

Samurai Running said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grellan said...

That's a kick ass session alright Rick. Your on the upward slope. Looking forward to the battle between Wiggins and Evans should be fun. Mighty finish yesterday.

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Yes should be a good showdown between Cadel and Brad!