Friday 3 September 2010

You can’t do that!

By Vern Gambetta
How many times have you had people tell you could not do something?
I have and for me I always took it as a challenge. Thank God I never listened to all the people who told me I could not do the things I have done. I truly believe people say this to put limits on people, because they cannot imagine doing the things they say can’t be done themselves. I was labeled stupid more once during elementary and high school years (I have the D’s and F’s to prove it), but somehow I have overcome my stupidity to write a few books and accomplish a few other things. Don’t ever take no for an answer, don’t let people tell you can’t do something. Go out and do it and prove them wrong. They told me we could never do the things in baseball that we did we did with the White Sox, but we did it and it worked. Everyone has been trying to imitate what we did ever since with no idea why it worked. I could go on and on, but when I hear someone tell someone especially a young person they can’t do something, I get my dander up, don’t listen to the naysayers, go out and prove them wrong. That is what I try to do. Everyday try to do something that no one else has done. That is how you become the best at what you do.
Vern's Blog


How To Achieve Perfect "Organic Posture" By posturedoc



3 comments:

Scott McMurtrey said...

One of my favorite quotes:

"Whether you think that you can, or think that you can't, you're probably right." -Henry Ford

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Good quote Scott

Samurai Running said...

The otherday, I told my eldest son that he couldn't become successful and buy his old man a house in Hawaii!

I was hoping that, that would have motivated him to prove me wrong

But unfortunatly he told me I was "probably right" :(