Sunday 23 August 2009

NOT QUITE A LIGHTNING 'BOLT'

I'd told Barry that I felt like I was lacking some top end power after my last race, so Barry came back with a programme to get me ready for the Harrock Hill race.
Mon was 20 x 45m with 55m easy, this was a new session to me and I found it hard to accelerate up to speed over such a short period of time, it left me feeling some what inadequate compared to Mr Usain Bolt.
Tue was a nice easy aerobic run over the sand dunes, I felt great! = 1.18
Wed I was meant to do a 5 k tempo run , but as I was organizing the 'rubbish 5k' I decided to race that, I felt really heavy legged and ran slower than when I had run round the course only 4 days after the London Marathon on my own!
Thur was 5 x up Selworthy hill and finishing at the top of the grass mound, I felt strong and ran on average 4 sec faster than two weeks ago, with a best of 5.54 pace for the 0.4 of a mile uphill.
Fri was a 1 mile TT round the Selworthy hill 1/2 MILE loop twice, I felt very tired and ran a poor 5.44 mile!
Sat I ran in the hills of Parbold for an hour and a half, felt pretty good as I ran over 5 cli
mbs and stayed mostly on the off road paths.
I ran close to my best time for this very demanding course.
Sun I ran with Jon easy over the sandhill 6, plus ran down and back for a total of 1.22

Bolt wants British actor Statham to play him in

movie, click here

3 comments:

Ewen said...

So that's how Bolt does it!

Grellan said...

Very solid weeks running despite the heavy legs. Great Replay!

RICK'S RUNNING said...

Yeah, amazing what you can see in 'slow motion'!