Tuesday 22 May 2012

My Favorite Race Of All time! The Harrock Hill Race Series starts On 23Rd May!

Yes the Harrock Hill Race Series has to be my favorite event of all time!
Harrock Hill Rankings
The first event took place 12 years ago and Mark Ashby, Andy Hudson and myself were on the start line with about 35 other keen  runners [ nowadays the race attracts hundreds of runners].
Ever since then I've only missed a few races due to illness or injury.
The race series is my highlight of the summer and I've managed to get into the top 10 on quite a few occasions.
I really enjoy the challenging course which includes some very steep hills, fast descents and some amazing veiws over the Parbold countryside AWESOME :0]
The first video shows the fast downhill section which comes after climbing away from the start for a mile up the Quarry path.
 



After a second climb up Parbold Hill and on up the escalator one comes out onto the top road before turning left onto a private Rd


A short climb takes us on to the rustic ruins of the Harrock Hill windmill
 The final video shows the picturesque views after passing the old mill.Just a final drop down to the finish awaits! EPIC :0]




No comments: